O-day’min is the beating heart of our city. As O-day’min goes, so too will our city. We need to continue investing in our people, who have built an Edmonton that is strong and open for innovation. Let’s leverage our strengths, and collaborate with partners to attract new investments in emerging fields, prioritize and protect our local workforce, build capacity for new ideas, and keep the leaders of tomorrow in our city. Let’s build for the future.
● Make our spaces more welcoming by activating our spaces with music, art, and festivals.
● Leverage the hospitality, live entertainment, and creative industries’ expertise, to increase economic activity in O-day’min through a “Night Mayor”.
● Attract new investments in emerging fields such as agri-tech and machine learning.
● Promote economic development and tourism attraction strategies in partnership with Indigenous organizations, post-secondary institutions, and regional partners.
● Retain our city’s brain trust through partnerships with post-secondary institutions, businesses, and the public service.
● Encourage and incentivize adaptive reuse such as refitting vacant office space for childcare, retail, residential, or student/affordable housing uses, by working with local stakeholders to identify opportunities.
● Better planning on infrastructure projects to reduce impacts to businesses and residents, ensure the city provides relief to businesses impacted by city infrastructure projects.
● Make permitting more streamlined and clearer to reduce confusion in proposing new initiatives.
● Develop an unsolicited proposal framework to encourage new ideas and initiatives in our city.