You deserve to feel at home in Edmonton. I will fight to honour this city’s heritage as a gathering place, as a place of learning, celebration, and community building. Let’s fight to build trust and create connection, and make it clear that this city will not tolerate hatred and division. Let’s connect from the heart.
What I’ll fight for
● Establish Indigenous public art throughout our city, reflecting our location on Treaty Lands.
● Incorporated Indigenous traditional ecological knowledge in City development proposals.
● Ensure our city’s policies, programs, and partners are actively anti-racist, anti-homophobic, and inclusive of the diversity of our communities.
● Address the poverty and housing crisis through:
○ supportive and affordable housing.
○ harm reduction and mental health supports.
○ wraparound social services, working with government and community partners.
● Establish a Shelter User Bill of Rights that protects the diverse needs of the community.
● A joint Action Plan to stop race-motivated violence, working with community partners and all levels of government.
● Ensure we build and maintain Edmonton to protect and welcome Persons with Disabilities to ensure our city is barrier-free.
● Uphold any municipal jurisdiction Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action.